Nutella Christmas Tree Puff Pastry
- 1 package Puff Pastry - 2 individual pastry sheets
- 3/4 cup Nutella, or other chocolate spread
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1.Remove puff pastry from the freezer at least 30 minutes before use. Preheat your oven to 350°
3. Spread Nutella over the puff pastry with a tablespoon or brush.
4. Place the other layer of puff pastry over the chocolate spread and flatten slightly with your hands.
5. Gently feel the outline of where the first puff pastry is with your finger. your should also the chocolate. Cut along the edges and remove the excess pastry.
6. Cut pastry into strips to form the branches, following the line of the trunk as you go.
7. Beginning at the base of the Christmas tree, twist the pastry away from you. You may need to clean your hands between each twist as the chocolate spread can get messy.
8. Finally, brush the tree with a lightly beaten egg. Bake in the oven at 350° for 18-22 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
9. Dust the tree with powdered sugar, crushed candy cane and serve right away. Enjoy!